I tried, but I couldn’t come up with any answers for this week’s theme—characters everyone loves that I just don’t get (or vice versa)—so I decided to pick a theme from the past that I’ve never done. And as it turns out, at the time this post goes up, I will be boarding a plane to San Francisco! So instead of characters I don’t like, I’m doing ten things on my bookish bucket list.
- Visit City Lights Booksellers & Publishers—San Francisco, CA
- Stay in The Library Hotel—New York, NY
- Have a drink at The Wellesbourne—Los Angeles, CA
- Shop in the world’s 20 most stunning bookstores, especially Selexyz Dominicanen in the Netherlands, Daunt Books Marylebone in London, El Ateneo Grand Splendid in Argentina, and Shakespeare and Company in Paris.
- See Charleston, the country hangout of the Bloomsbury Group—Lewes, England
- Always visit the public library when I travel to a new place, especially the New York Public Library—New York, NY
- Explore Patagonia
“The real Dread Pirate Roberts has been retired fifteen years and is living like a king in Patagonia.” —The Princess Bride, by William Goldman
- Go to the Royal Portuguese Reading Room—Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Check out Powell’s Books—Portland, OR
Of course there are more . . . There’s actually an endless list, so I’ll certainly be doing more versions of this list in the future. What bookish things make your list?